top of page

What I do

As a Borough Councillor my job is to represent and help the residents of my Ward. 

To do this I regularly speak to residents and I encourage residents to contact me via my email 

I also regularly attend Parish council meetings in my Ward : 

Marden Parish Council

Yalding Parish Council

Nettlestead Parish Council

Collier Street Parish Council

What I do: Get Involved

Working for my community

So far I have been assisting and helping residents with issues such as:

Liasing with Housing Providers to help residents with issues.

Speaking at Maidstone Borough Council Planning Committee.

Assisting residents to combat anti-social issues with the help of the MBC Community Protection Team.

Highlighting issues with development to the MBC Planning Enforcement Team.

Helping residents to report and clear fly-tipping.

Represent my ward residents at any committee as a ward councillor and speak on their behalf.

Help with missed bin collections.

Work with external partners such as the Environment Agency on issues affecting my ward.

Regular contact and liaising with the Kent Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) on issues affecting my ward.

and much more...

What I do: Get Involved

Maidstone Borough Council Committee meetings

I sit as a member on the MBC Strategic Planning and Infrastucture Committee as well as Full Council Committee meetings

In this role, as well as representing my ward, I am involved in the discussions and voting on decisions which affect all areas in the Borough of Maidstone.

What I do: Get Involved

I also regularly attend Councillor training and briefing meetings

As a Borough Councillor I attend many training courses to further my knowledge and ensure that I am up to date, notably:

Planning training sessions

Licensing training sessions

Local plan Review workshops

Accounts Briefings

Briefings about the recovery and renewal from Covid.

Town Centre strategy briefings

Making Maidstone more active briefings

In addition to meetings with outside bodies such as the Environment Agency etc. 

What I do: Get Involved
bottom of page